Thursday, February 4, 2010

Enriched by Photography

I am fortunate to teach at a school that values enrichment for all. Tomorrow, we begin a new block. It will be the first time for some of the students at Parkwood; others are looking forward to continuing the tradition.

Of course, I am teaching photography, teamed with another teacher. We will introduce the digital cameras to students from 5-12 years old. It is as fun for us as it is for them.

View my wikispace at http://www.phesphotography.wikispaces.com/ where I share some ideas for ways to teach photography to children. It is a great way to teach kids to slow down and notice the world around them in this increasingly busy world we live in. I believe this can help them to focus amid other distractions, and to learn to appreciate the little gifts of beauty around us.

No comments: