Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time Flies

A couple of nights ago I dug out some old photo albums. It had been awhile since I'd taken the time to look through the kids' baby pictures. My son, my daughter, and I curled up on the couch with these memories on our laps. Even though I know time flies, and I feel every day how fleeting their childhood is, I was amazed at how quickly they've grown. The baby faces have turned into child faces, their eyes a little more knowing and their bodies growing.

My children were keen to talk about the things they remembered, and hear stories about the ones they didn't. The pictures speak of moments of laughter and love, smiling faces and silly ones too. Firsts: First Christmas, Halloween costumes, visits to the beach.

We will add to these albums as they grow; as time moves on, we will continue to run for the camera to captures those moments.

So we can remember,
together.

No comments: