Thursday, October 22, 2009

Seeing the Light

The craziness of getting ready for work and school is sometimes a bit much. Outfits I've laid out the night before in an attempt to be organized turn out to be triggers for meltdowns; a quick bowl of cereal is sneered at in favor of toast; or missing hats and mittens create a frenzy on the way out the door.

Then we are on our way.

I pull out of the driveway and take a breath. When I look out, I notice the sunlight peaking through clouds coloured gray, blue, purple, white. Leaves are outlined in frost. Trees like painted landscapes lead the way.

Things are calm again, and I am reminded of these precious moments and how quickly they pass. These moments when the light is just right, somehow, remind me to appreciate all the little moments with my children.

Even the crazy ones.

No comments: