Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Photography for My Self

Wow - am I ever long overdue for a post!

I just started reading this amazing book, Inner Excavation: Explore Your Self Through Photography, Poetry and Mixed Media, by Liz Lamoreux. I can't wait to really get into it - there are some great exercises for photography that I am anxious to try.

I've been trying to find a good photography book for a really long time. I've looked in bookstores and online, without success. It seems there are a lot of the same type of books out there, and I feel I've read enough of the "how-to" types. I was searching for something new, something that goes beyond how to use my camera - I already know that!

This book is exactly what I had hoped for. I happened upon it when I did a search on Chapters online, and now I want to purchase every other book it mentions, too!

Finally, a book that satisfies my need to learn more about expressing my self through photography, that looks at photography the way I do: As a way of exploring the world through this incredible medium. Thank you, Liz Lamoreux!

No comments: