Sunday, November 28, 2010

Creative Season


It is that time of year again: Snowy and cold!

I began the season as I usually do, dreaming of hibernation or migration. I picture myself curled up for the winter in my fuzzy pjs, a stack of books ready to be devoured; I also picture myself hopping on a plane toward warmer weather, and not returning until May.

Neither of these is possible, however, so here I am.

To compensate, this is the time of year I focus on creating photos in my home. I keep my eye out for interesting colours and reflections, details of my daily life that I can capture without having to layer on snowsuit and fur boots. Inside, I do not have to think about how the cold and snow can transform into little terrors that leave damaging moisture on my camera.

Doubtless, I will get cabin fever and head out a couple of times, camera in hand, to capture those magical sparkles in the sunlight. But in the meantime, I will create - inside.

And so... A Jar of Jelly Beans!


No comments: