Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taking Better Pictures: Round 2!

After some uncertainty about numbers, the second round of the night class I teach has begun. It's a small class, but enjoyable nontheless. Funny how quickly I had forgotten that I have as much fun teaching about photography as I do "doing" photography. It is so easy to get into a rut, hanging out at home and not having to get myself out somewhere in the evening. But I did tonight, and so worth it.

I began the night by going over the technical stuff, to get a foundation in there. Not as much fun, sure, but a necessary evil. Then I started my composition lesson, and that's the part I enjoy. That's where you can really talk about the good versus the bad, and all the (subjective) stuff in between.

As usual, I learned as well as taught.

That's as much a reason to do it as any.

No comments: