Sunday, September 13, 2009

Picture This

The only thing missing was my camera: Out on a drive to yesterday, on motorcycles, warmed by the late afternoon sun. Seaside cottages and sailboats on one side, bails of hay and barnyards on the other. I was grateful for the beautiful weather and the ocean breeze.

My husband absolutely loves motorcycles. We don't own any (yet!), so he borrowed one, and I was a passenger on another. It had been a number of years since I'd been on one, and I'd forgotten the feeling of freedom, riding like that.

We had supper at a little restaurant in Caraquet, then headed back in the early evening. The light was beautiful, and I found myself wishing for my camera, so that I could have captured the sunset and the reflections in the calm waters of the bay.

No comments: