Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Always Something to Learn


I think one of the things I love about photography is that you can never know everything. There is always a book I haven't read yet, a tip I've never heard of, or a subject I haven't thought about shooting. I love learning, and there is always something new to learn about photography.


No matter how many photos I've created over the years, and no matter how many I am pleased with, there are always some that I learn something from. For every one that I am satisfied with, there are many more that need improvement. I study them and look at the composition, the lighting, and the angles to see what I can do differently next time. Sometimes I play around with them in Photoshop and discover something I never expected. Other times, I just delete and move on, taking the lessons with me.


There is something I find truly satisfying about a great shot. All the things I've learned over the years about photography come together and it just works sometimes. And the longer I stay on a subject, it seems, the more likely this is. I often start out with the tried and true, then begin experimenting just to see what will happen. Many times, these become my favourite.


Photography is ever evolving, and I strive to have my photography do the same.

No comments: